Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Eid Mubarak : A story of sacrifice


Salam w.b.t.

Tomorrow will be the celebration of Bakri Eid or Hari Raya Aidiladha in India, one day after the celebration in Malaysia. This is the 6th time I celebrate the festival here in this foreign land. As I've been here for almost 5 years already, I think this land is no more foreign or alien to me. This part of world where I stay right now is like a hometown to me.

The people of this place, the culture of those people and the different environment here are something that give a lot of sweet memories for me. Eventhough sometimes I do miss my homeland, my friends here are like my own family. The local people here are like my parents and my relatives although we are from different background. The different race and religion doesn't mean that we cannot develop the bond with each other. Those are only external factor while what matters most is the value that is nurtured within that person.

During my medical posting before this, there was this one female patient in her 50s who came with paralysis of the right side of her body due to subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH). That problem of SAH arose from chronic severe hypertension as the precipitating factor.

One of her son, a mechanical engineer happened to know English a bit, and we talked for a while. I knew that he is a good son based on the information that I extracted from him. He said that, his monthly income is just sufficient for his family. He could get more salary if he works overseas but, he resists considering of her mother's condition and nobody is going to take care of her.

A big amount of money sometimes doesn't guarantee a happy life. This is what he feels, and it is such a good thought. Really an astounding thought.

Every son and daughter should have this kind of attitude. I really really hope that I can still spend quality time with my family when I am working in the future.

He even invite me to his house anytime I'm free.

"There is one culture of Indian people. When you met someone and talked with them, you already make a relationship with them. So you have to come to their house and have a cup of chay (tea) at least.."

What a nice gesture he has. I promise that I'll come to his house one day.

And last time I heard from him, his mother got dysentery upon returning home. huhu. If the condition worsen, they have to come back to the hospital and get the proper treatment.

Every patient has their own story. And we should know that one day maybe we will become that patient, and by that time only do we realise how important is a good health to us.

As long as we are healthy, let's do our best in everything that we are doing.

And the above line marks the end of this posting for this time.



EID MUBARAK to all my fellow Muslims wherever you are!

Wassalam...

p/s : Congratulations to all my friends in Bangalore who passed their final year MBBS. May Allah eases their upcoming duty in Malaysia to serve the ummah. InsyaAllah... (",)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bencana alam, adakah kita ambil pengajaran?

Salam w.b.t. Lama sungguh tak menulis di sini. Dek kekangan masa kononnya, idea yang sentiasa bersarang di minda tak dapat diterjemahkan da...