Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Virtue of Suhur


Salam w.b.t.

When I was a child years ago, I felt so excited to celebrate the holy month of Ramadan with my family. The feeling was such that, I wished the fasting would lasts throughout the year as I felt the utmost peace both physically and mentally during Ramadan.

The memory of suhur was still intact in my precious God-gifted brain. Around 4 am, my father would wake my siblings and me up to eat something before the azan of Fajr prayer started. My mother would prepare the dishes as fast as possible so that we could make it on time. You can imagine how syahdu the situation is, where during the quietness of the dark night, there were these slaves of Allah who sacrificed their enjoyment of sleep in order to follow the Order of Allah s.w.t.

After we finished the suhur, my father would reminded us to say the fasting's intention (niat puasa). He dictated the lafaz, while we instead of writing it down, would follow his saying words by words. How delighted I was during that moment, as we as one family could be together in the holy month of Ramadan.

Now, I longed for the precious moment to come again. I miss every single minute of the environment when I was a child couple of years ago. I hope Allah would make me live long enough to reach the door of my house so that I can experience the memory once again. =)

There are few hadiths in Sahih Bukhari mentioning the virtues of action of suhur. Let's check it out~~

1. Narrated Anas bin Malik : The Prophet said, "Take Suhur as there is a blessing in it."

2. Narrated Sahl bin Sad : I used to take my Suhur meals with my family and then hurry up for presenting myself for the (Fajr) prayer with Allah's Apostle.

3. Narrated Anas : Zaid bin Thabit said, "We took suhur with the Prophet. Then he stood for the prayer." I asked, "What was the interval between the Suhur and the Adhan?" He replied, "The interval was sufficient to recite fifty verses of the Quran."


Let's grab the benefits of the suhur in this holy month which is approved by the saying of our beloved Prophet s.a.w. One more thing, the suhur differentiates the fasting of Muslim and non-Muslim in such a way to show the beautiful way of Islam's life.


May Allah s.w.t. guide us to be a humble person in this month and the coming months so that the purpose of Ramadan to produce the "Al-Muttaqun" is achieved successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bencana alam, adakah kita ambil pengajaran?

Salam w.b.t. Lama sungguh tak menulis di sini. Dek kekangan masa kononnya, idea yang sentiasa bersarang di minda tak dapat diterjemahkan da...